BRAINTREE, MA — Braintree Public Schools have partnered with the Braintree Electric Light Department to offer discounted high-speed internet for families struggling financially.
The service will offer subsidized internet and speeds of 100 Mbps download and 30 Mbps upload for students enrolled in hybrid and remote learning. Program participation is based on a qualification process administered by the Braintree Electric Light Department.
To qualify, families must complete the following process:
- Contact the Braintree Electric Light Department’s support services manager, Gail Cohen at email@example.com or 781-348-1125
- BELD will confirm family address is serviceable by their system.
- BELD will provide financial guidelines, application forms, and certification agency contact information.
- The family would apply to the certification agency for qualification based on income.
- Once the certification agency provides certified qualification to BELD, they will contact the family to inform them of their level of discounted internet service (up to and including free service for the school year), and to schedule a free internet install.