1 extension(s) and 0 alias(es) in our database
Below, you can find answers to the following questions:
- What is the .gadget file?
- Which program can create the .gadget file?
- Where can you find a description of the .gadget format?
- What can convert .gadget files to a different format?
- Which MIME-type is associated with the .gadget extension?
Windows Sidebar Gadget
GADGET file is a Windows Sidebar Gadget. The Windows Sidebar is a lockable panel on the Windows Vista desktop, similar to the Microsoft Windows Taskbar, that is able to host and manage mini-applications known as “gadgets”. A gadget is distributed as a .gadget file – a renamed .zip archive – consisting of a collection of XML, HTML, Microsoft JScript, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) files.
Category: Application files
Program name: sidebar.exe
Magic bytes (HEX): –
Magic string (ASCII): –
Other types of files may also use the .gadget file extension. If you have helpful information about .gadget extension, write to us!
Can’t open a .gadget file?
If you want to open a .gadget file on your computer, you just need to have the appropriate program installed. If the .gadget association isn’t set correctly, you may receive the following error message:
Windows can’t open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
To change file associations:
- Right-click a file with the extension whose association you want to change, and then click Open With.
- In the Open With dialog box, click the program whith which you want the file to open, or click Browse to locate the program that you want.
- Select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box.
Supported operating systems
Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Rate this page
5 / 5 based on 29 user ratings.