MVES Technology Mission Statement
With the understanding that the use of technology will be an integral part of our students’ lives, it is Mesa View Elementary School’s responsibility to prepare students for this future. Our classrooms must have the equipment, technology, and technical support to allow teachers to use technology in their everyday lessons. As we integrate technology, we will support the teaching and learning that promotes intellectual growth and lifelong learning for students and staff.
The technology mission of Mesa View Elementary School is to provide equitable access for all students and staff to technological resources. These resources promote the critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills that are required for students to become lifelong learners and productive citizens in a technologically complex, multicultural, and global environment. This mission includes the use of technology to enhance, preserve and highlight Dine’ language, culture and traditional teaching philosophies.
MVES Technology Vision Statement
Our purpose is to provide the students in our schools with the tools and diversified technical knowledge to enhance success. It is our objective to continue implementing the State of Arizona’s Academic Standards for Educational Technology in order to provide necessary skills to our student population. We also will use our technological skills to stimulate curiosity and develop critical thinking skills in all areas of the teaching and learning cycle. Ongoing technology professional development will be critical in enabling teachers to enhance their classroom environments.
Technology is a vital source of information and communication linking school, home, community, and the world. MVES goals will:
- Increase students engagement in learning, both individually and in groups
- Develop active, constructive, inquiry based lessons and opportunities for students
- Enable students additional, varied access the curriculum
- Provide differentiated and individualized instruction
- Enable assistive technology
- Integrate technology within the community by sharing district, school, and student goals, progress, projects and data
- Provide effective and efficient communication, sharing District and MVES procedures, policies and information with the community
- Collect and analyze data
- Manage assessment data
- Streamline administrative tasks